Laboratory course for thermal power systems
Various themes in the power plant technology field will be presented through a total of six tests.
Those interested in the Thermal Power Systems lab must sign up on TUM-Online. Important information about the lab course can be found on TUM-Online. Students who must only complete individual lab tasks (individual tests or exams) should contact Florian Kerscher at the institute directly.
At the course’s mandatory introductory meeting, students will be split into groups, and lab tasks will be assigned to those students who have signed up for the course. Those who signed up for the course’s waiting list should still be present at the meeting, as replacement positions will also be assigned.
The following experiments will be conducted by the students during the practical course:
- Temperature measurement (application and comparison of various temperature measurement technologies)
- Fuel analysis (introduction to different analysis methods for the characterization of fossil and biomass fuels)
- Computer-aided process optimization (thermodynamic cycle analysis, thermodynamic optimization of a cyclic process using a computer)
- HKW Munich North (tour to the thermal power plant Munich North in Unterföhring)
- Cheng-Cycle (economic optimization of the operation of the thermal power plant in Garching)
- Evaporator test rig (investigation of different phenomena taking place in a evaporation pipe system)
In every experiment a home assignment has to be written in a group of three students.
In the end of the lab course a short exam of 35 minutes is held.
The course is held in German!
|Language of instruction||German|
- 26.04.2017 13:00-14:00 3707, Seminarraum, Einführungsveranstaltung
- 26.04.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 27.04.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 03.05.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 04.05.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 10.05.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 11.05.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 31.05.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 01.06.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 07.06.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 08.06.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 21.06.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum
- 22.06.2017 14:00-17:00 3707, Seminarraum